Family Sponsorship

Sponsorship under the Family Class

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can help their family members to become permanent residents and consequently, to become citizens of Canada under certain conditions.

The Canadian sponsor must meet the criteria as a sponsor; and the foreign national must satisfy the conditions relating to sponsored individuals.

Please contact us today to find out if you meet the criteria to sponsor your family members.

The Canadian government allows citizens and permanent residents of Canada to sponsor members of the family class, but it requires that arriving immigrants receive care and support from their sponsors.

Members of the family class include a sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner; a dependent child of the sponsor; the sponsor’s mother or father; a person the sponsor intends to adopt; and other relatives of the sponsor as defined by regulation.

What does it mean “to sponsor”?

When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign a contract called an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (or with the Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles [MICC] if you live in Québec).

The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and those of his or her dependent children.

Basic requirements are:

  • food
  • clothing
  • utilities
  • personal requirements
  • shelter
  • fuel
  • household supplies

This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care.

The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and their relationship to you.

Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as the person you are sponsoring and, if applicable, his or her family members arrive in Canada.

The undertaking is an unconditional promise of support. For example, the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation or relationship breakdown or moving to another province does not cancel the undertaking. The undertaking also remains in effect even if your financial situation deteriorates.

Who should be included in this application?
If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member. You must also include all your dependent children from your current and previous relationships, whether they will be going with you to Canada (accompanying family members) or not (non-accompanying family members).

All your family members, whether accompanying you or not, must be declared on your application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is generally not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.

In addition, failure to declare family members on your application and have them examined goes against your duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause you to be found inadmissible to Canada.


Parent and Grandparent Immigration & Super Visa Applications

PART 1: Parent and Grandparent Immigration Application:

  • Do you know that the application intake date for Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship was January 2, 2015?
  • Do you know that the maximum quota of 5,000 complete applications was reached on January 16, 2015 – that’s within a period of 14 days?
  • Do you know that 10 2014, the same quota of 5000 applications was reached within 30 days?
  • Do you intend to sponsor your parent or grandparent in 2016?
  • Do you know that your application will be returned to you if you submit incomplete or incorrect application?
  • Do you need professional help from a qualified Immigration Consultant?
    Please contact us today.

PART 2: Parent and Grandparent Super Visa Application:
Do you know that you can also apply for Parent and/or Grandparent Super Visa in addition to the Parent Sponsorship Application?
NOTE: Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that will allow your Parents and/or Grandparents to stay in Canada for 2 years for a period up to 10 years.

  • Do you want to obtain Super Visa for your Parents and/or Grandparents?
  • Do you need professional help from a qualified Immigration Consultant?

Requirements for Super Visa Application:

Requirements for the Canadian Sponsor:

  • The Sponsor must prove that he/she is the child or grandchild of the sponsored person;
  • Provide a written and signed promise of financial support for the parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada,
  • Prove that they have sufficient fund; etc.

Requirements for the Sponsored Parent:

  • The Parent or Grandparent must be the parent or grandparent of the sponsor;
  • Be admissible to Canada as a visitor;
  • Purchase a Canadian Medical Insurance Coverage for at least one year;
  • Complete an Immigration Medical Examination;

Let’s get Started! Please Contact Us today:
Phone: 1-416-890-0485; Toll-Free: 1-888-712-3765;

Live-in Caregiver

What is Livi-in Caregiver Program

Corporate/Employer Services

Please contact us today for assistance with:

  1. Labour Market Opinion
  2. Work Permits for your employees

What is Labour Market Opinion or LMO?
Labour Market Opinion is an approval granted to a Canadian employer by Service Canada to enable him/her to hire a foreign worker. In order to obtain a positive LMO, the employer must prove to the satisfaction of Service Canada that there is no Canadian worker (citizen or permanent resident) available to do the job under consideration; and a foreign worker is therefore needed.

Applications for LMO must proof that:

  • Sufficient efforts have been made to recruit and/or train willing and available Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
  • Wages offered to the foreign worker are consistent with the prevailing wage rate paid to Canadians in similar occupation in the same region;
  • Working conditions for the occupation meet the current provincial labour market standards;
  • Hiring the foreign worker will have neutral or positive effect in the labour market; and
  • Show the potential benefits that hiring the foreign worker might bring to the Canadian labour market, including job creation or the transfer of skills and knowledge.

When granted positive LMO, the foreign worker should attach it to his/her application for a work permit.

Work Permit
Under the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act/Regulations of Canada, a foreign national who wants to work in Canada should obtain a work permit. A work permit is a written authorization issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to a person, who is not a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident, authorizing him/her to enter Canada to work. Work permits are usually valid for a specific job and a specific period of time.

You may submit a work permit application under the following situations:

  1. Work Permit Applicants Residing in Canada:
    • Do you have a valid study permit, or your spouse or parents are in Canada on a study or work permit?
    • Do you have a work permit for one job but you wish to apply for another job.
    • Are you are in Canada currently and have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada.
      If your answer to any of the questions is yes, please contact us to evaluate your chances to submit a work permit application.
  2. Work Permit Applicants who are Currently Residing Outside Canada
    • Do you have a job offer from a Canadian employer?
    • Do you possess a written confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDS) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job?
    • Do you have the work experience and educational qualification to support your work permit application?
    • Can you show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada?
    • Are you in good health?
      If your answers to these questions are yes, please contact us to evaluate your chances to submit a work permit application.

Humanitarian & Compassionate Applications (H&C)

How to Apply Humanitarian & Compassionate Applications (H&C)

What is H & C Application?
Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications, or “H & Cs”, are for people who need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada. For example, people who do not have legal status in Canada but who have made Canada their home; people who live in Canada without the proper paperwork; someone who has resided in Canada for many years, and has strong family and/or economic ties in Canada; dependent family members who were originally not declared in immigration when their parents immigrated has some of the factors listed above.

When is it appropriate to make this type of application?
You can submit a H & C application at any time if you believe you have compelling reasons that require consideration. However, please note that H & C cases are discretionary, that is, the immigration officer assessing the case can refuse or approve the case based on their own assessment.

Therefore it is extremely important to prepare a very strong submission letter and attach persuasive supporting documentation in support of the Humanitarian and Compassionate Application. The detailed submission letter must outline all the H & C factors of the applicant and should explain why the immigration officer assessing the case should approve the application.

How long does the application take to process?
Applications can take up to 15-24 months to process, and could be longer depending on the case. An interview may be required, as well as a request for additional documentation.

What happens if my H & C application is approved?
If your H & C application is approved, you will be asked to undergo immigration medical exams and obtain police clearances. Once the medicals and police clearances are passed, you would be invited to pick up your Canadian Permanent Residence Card (PR Card).

What happens if my H & C application is refused?
If your H &&C application is refused, then it is essential to act fast! You have only 15 days to appeal the refusal to the Federal Court of Canada. Appealing to the Federal Court e means that you have to show the judge that the immigration officer who refused your case made some errors in law and/or fact. This is not an easy job. However, success is indeed possible. Immigration officers sometimes make mistakes.

Contact us if you need help!

A Humanitarian and Compassionate application is not easy. It involves deep knowledge of the immigration law to present a strong and compelling case to convince the officer to approve your request.

Please contact me if you have any questions or need assistance with your Humanitarian and Compassionate application.

For more information, please contact me today:
Phone: 1-416-890-0485; Toll-Free: 1-888-712-3765;


Canada Refugee Application

Who is a Refugee?
A refugee is a person who fears persecution and are unwilling or unable to return to their home country. Fear of persecution usually means a serious chance of physical harm or detention or some other form of cruel and unusual punishment. Canada provides protection to those who make refugee protection claims in Canada, resettles refugees from abroad and takes part in international actions to help prevent refugee situations from developing.

Examples of Refugee Cases

  • Women who refuse to conform to expectations such as arranged marriages, dress code and genital mutilation. In fact Canada is a world leader in recognizing gender-based persecution and has issued guidelines to ensure that these claims are dealt with in a fair and sensitive manner.
  • Women who fear beatings from their husbands, violence or other serious forms of punishment from other family members.
  • Members of minority religious groups or ethnic minorities who fear persecution from the general population or non-governmental organizations where the police are unable or unwilling to protect them.
  • Members of an opposition political party who fear revenge because of their political opinion or their refusal to support the government.
  • People who are persecuted by a powerful criminal gang or mafia such as drug traffickers.
  • Homosexuals who are persecuted simply because of their sexual orientation.

In all the above cases refugees must explain what persecution they fear and why they cannot receive protection from their government.

Success Rate for Refugee Applications?
Your application will be accepted if the Refugee Board believes that your story and testimony are credible. So you must provide documentary proof of your story and be well prepared for your hearing. However, your claim will not be accepted if the Refugee Board believes that you are a member of a terrorist group, have participated in human rights violations or have committed serious non-political crimes.

If you are a citizen in more than one country then you must explain why you cannot obtain protection in all your countries of citizenship. If you can automatically obtain protection in another country then you could be denied protection in Canada.

Processing Time for Refugee Applications?
Official Processing times = between 12 – 18 months.

Rights of Refugee Applicants
Refugee applicants can work in Canada while their applications are in process. Their children can attend public schools-elementary and high schools free of charge.
Refugee claimants can also receive emergency medical treatment at no charge for those who cannot afford to buy their own medical insurance.

Options when Application is Refused?
When refused, you can apply to remain in Canada while you apply for an appeal and make submissions for a Pre-removal Risk Assessment. In addition, you can make an application for permanent residence based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
Thank you for reading.

Please contact me if you have any questions or need assistance with your Humanitarian and Compassionate application.
For more information, contact me today:
Phone: 1-416-890-0485; Toll-Free: 1-888-712-3765;